Co-Authoring “Hiking and Wayfinding in the Westfjords of Iceland” (book and map) with Henry Fletcher (UK-based collaborator guide)
To be published in 2019, “Hiking and Wayfinding in the Westfjords of Iceland” will be a hiking guidebook, naturalist guide, and artistic story of the Wildfjords Project, a creative conservation and wilderness experience non-profit effort by Henry Fletcher, Jay Simpson, Tanja Weiss, and others.
Long-term Research: Multispecies ethnography with tigers and elephants in Thailand
With both wild and captive populations of tigers and elephants, Thailand is a fascinating place to explore the many complicated relationships between wildlife and humans in our modern world. Can ecotourism support wild tiger repopulation efforts? How do we care for the thousands of captive elephants used for labor? What does a mutually beneficial relationship between humans and elephants look like?
- Independent People by Halldór Kiljan Laxness
- Queer Ecologies: Sex, Nature, Politics, Desire by Catriona Mortimer-Sandilands (Editor), Bruce Erickson (Editor)
- Make Ink: A Forager’s Guide to Natural Inkmaking by Jason Logan
- Student work at KBWX, the student radio and podcast collection at Brightworks
- Radio: Lower Grand Radio, KXLU, KUSF, KEXP, KSFS, WGXC, KSJS, KXSF, KWMR, KALW, SomaFM
- Podcasts: Ear Hustle, The Argument, Outside Lands San Francisco (Western Neighborhoods Project), Sandip Roy’s Dispatches From Kolkata